Sponsor License

Work Permit

Sponsor License - Work Permit

  • We deal in Global Immigration, Business, Investment, Sponsor license, Work Permits and Student Visas.
  • We are Immigration Advisors secured by UK Governments, Home Office; Office of Immigration Service Commissioner Reg. No: F200900045
  • We are registered with the Information Commissioner with Reg. No. Z1793079.
  • We are registered with Registrar of Companies for England & Wales. Reg. No. 6927985
  • We were established in 2009, when Home Office launched Point Based System for the first time in the United Kingdom.

  • A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer.
  • This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa.
  • Possibly usually need a sponsor license to employ someone to work for you from outside the UK.
  • This includes citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland who arrived in the UK after 31 December 2020.
  • This includes unpaid work, like running a charity.
  • You will not need a license to sponsor certain groups, e.g.
  • Irish citizens
  • those with settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement
  • Scheme those with indefinite leave to remain in the UK

All employers, not just signed sponsors, must make sure that their employees are entitled to work for them.

  • Home Office may revoke your sponsor.
  • Home Office may issue you with a civil penalty of up to £ 20,000 for each illegal worker.

A sponsorship license is permission given to an organization to sponsor workers in its business.

The organization is known as a sponsor.


The licence you need depends on whether the workers you want to fill your jobs are:

  • 'Workers' - for those with long-term job offers' Temporary workers
  • You can apply for a license covering one or both types of workers.

A 'Worker' license will let you employ people long-term or permanently. Consisting split into:

  • Skilled Worker - the role must meet the job suitability Intra-company visas - this includes Intra-company Transfer and Intra-company Graduate Trainee, for multinational companies which need to transfer established employees or graduate trainees to the UK.
  • Minister of Religion - for people coming to work for a religious organization sportsperson - for elite sportspeople and coaches who will be based in the UK

A 'Temporary Worker' license will let you employ people on a temporary basis Consisting split into:

  • Creative or Sporting Worker - to work as a high-level sportsperson (up to 1year), entertainer or artist (up to 2 years).
  • Charity Worker - for unpaid workers at a charity (up to 1 year).
  • Religious Worker - for those working in a religious order or organization (2 years).
  • Government Authorized Exchange Worker - work experience (1 year), research projects or training, for example practical medical or scientific training (2 years) to enable a short-term exchange of knowledge.
  • International Agreement Worker - where the worker is coming to do a job which is covered by international law, for example employees of overseas governments.
  • Seasonal Worker - coming to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work.

You need to appoint people within your business to manage the sponsorship process when you apply for a licence. The main tool they compared use is SMS.

The roles are:

  • Authorizing officer - a senior and competent person responsible for the actions of staff and representatives who use the SMS.
  • key contact - your main point of contact with UKVI.
  • Level 1 user - responsible for all day-to-day management of your licence using the SMS.

These roles can be filled by the same person or different people.


We will assess your requirement and necessity of the Sponsor License.

  • We will guide in preparing specified documents as per the Home office norms.
  • We will assist in applying to Home Office to get a license.
  • Once your license application is granted you will get an A-Rating.
  • Initially, sponsor licence will be valid for 4 years.
  • Processing time is approx. 1 to 3 months

Wish to apply for a Sponsor License? Contact EMAIL - UK@LIIE.CO.UK / WEB - WWW.LIIE.CO.UK / WHATSAPP: +00447931242466